Applicator in Georgia

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DFREAMGREEN, Dec 10, 2012.

1. DFREAMGREEN

DFREAMGREEN LawnSite Member

Just passed my applicators test in georgia, any advise would be great looking for a good vendor to purchase all my herbicide and fert, also looking to purchase a sprayer been looking at different models. any advise would be great.

2. LandScap3Goat

LandScap3Goat LawnSite Member

Call Helena Chemical in Suwanee, GA. (770) 945-0686

Warren is my salesman there... extremely helpful, and great pricing!

3. marks500

marks500 LawnSite Member

4. Fresh_Cut

Fresh_Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Was it hard?

How long did you study for?

You read every chapter in the ornamental & turf books?

Any tips?

5. marks500

marks500 LawnSite Member

The test is pretty hard if your not prepared.. It helps out greatly to take the class before before the test, if you can find it being offered.... But it won't cover everything so you have to go over the books... The most important tip I will give you is read up on " labels" and your "PPE".
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DFREAMGREEN

DFREAMGREEN LawnSite Member

I read all the chapters, in both books. The Ornamental and turf was not as hard as the General Standards. As long as you take the time to read all the material its not that bad. 100 questions over the general standards and 100 questions over the ornamental turff

7. 9773

9773 LawnSite Member

Try Rowland Chemical out of Athens. They sell to golf, nursery, and commercial guys. They not only sell product, but they also build, sell, and repair sprayers. I was a golf course superintedent in your area for over 20 years and they never let me down. They normally visit your area every week delivering to courses.

8. Fresh_Cut

What class?

Who offers it? And where?

How much does it cost?

9. marks500

marks500 LawnSite Member

I took it at Gwinnett Tech when they offered it... Like I said its not offered often... Sometimes the Expos offer it. It cost 10 bucks when I took it.

10. Fresh_Cut

What's the name of the class?

I wanna find where else it is offered besides Gwinnett.