1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

applicators license

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CODYHEATHER, Sep 12, 2001.

CODYHEATHER LawnSite Member

How do I find out what permits or licenses I need to apply fertilizer here in Ohio? I have several customers that I would like to be able to offer fertilizer applications along with mowing. Is there a web site that has this information? I tried to search on this subject, but had no luck. Just want to know if it is worth the trouble to get a permit or not. Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Check with your state department of Agriculture, they should be able to tell you what license if any you will need to apply fertilizers in your state. Here is the link to the Ohio Department of Agriculture http://www.ohio.gov/agr/ .
  3. Fivstringpicker

Fivstringpicker LawnSite Member

You can also check with your local cooperative extension service probably listed in the phone book under "county government". which is a branch of the department of agriculture. I have made application (in georgia) and am scheduled to be tested later this month.
  4. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

matthew is from ohio look under the dandelion post and email him
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to contact the Ohio Dept. of Agriculture in Reynoldsburg
    Ohio. The number is 614-728-6987. Ask for pesticide regulation.
    Tell them you would like to attain an applicators license. They will
    send you the study materials. Also be sure to tell them which areas you would like to test in, such as turf pest, industrial
    vegetation control, ornamental pest control, etc. etc. :) ;) :) ED