Applicators liscence CT

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Viseras lawn service, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

Where can i find information on what is required to get a liscence in CT?

I would like to see what is involved and what courses are necessary to take inorder to be able to offer fertilization, pesticide and herbicide applications to my customers.

any imput greatly appreciated.

2. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

At the top of this forum, there's a thread entitled "Licensing in All States". Follow the links...

3. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

If you can't follow the links or need more information, send me a PM. You basically need to prepare by taking a class that will cover the 3a custom grounds license. That is also known as the supervisor's license. As the individual holding this license, you can own your own business, which would need to get a Business registration (B#). The Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) handles all of these licenses and regulations. They can be directly reached at 860-424-3369. We just hosted a class in the fall at our shop, and will probably have another starting next October. East Haven Landscape Products is starting a class now.

There is going to be a great trade show at Adriaen's Landing in Hartford - February 14-15 which will have some seminars and classes, as well as representatives from all of the state agencies for use as business resources - DEP, Consumer Protection, DOT, etc. Go to the CGKA.ORG website for information. Follow the links for news and events and click on the newsletter or annual tradeshow link for a brochure.