1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Applying Gran Fert on Steep hill

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ProCuts Lawn Care, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ProCuts Lawn Care

ProCuts Lawn Care LawnSite Member

So I had sent on of my guys out to fert a lawn w/ LESCO 8-0-0 w/ Dimension (6-8 weeks ago, JDL recommended this app at the time). He claimed a few broad leaf weeds had already emerged. This lawn is on a steep hill and it appears that the way it was applied due to the hill has caused some dead spots. I have to send someone or myself to do the next app soon. Any suggestions or advice on what to do for the next app using a 50lbs broadcast spreader on a steep hill.
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

exact ditto with Riggle.

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Yep a chest spreader on a steep hill side or any thing a T3000 won't do

No push spreader it will go up on 1 wheel or over
  5. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I think most of us have striped a big hill. I am with the above chest spreader all the way.
  6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Working for a company, I used to have to spread granules on steep hills. I would blow the granules with a Maruyama MD. 56 CC engine, 50 lb hopper capacity, and totally mobile because it is a backpack. The machine would shoot the granules at least 50 ft up hill.
  7. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

This is why I love my skid sprayer.
  8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto. On inaccessible areas, I use air inducted boomless nozzles on the hand piece.
  9. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

I've been on slopes I have busted my butt every 3-4 steps.. Guess what that was a big reason I don't work for that guy no more....
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. officerturner

officerturner LawnSite Member

Also applying fertilizer on a steep hill and get a turd floater and the nitrogen greens up the down hill neighbor. Ha gotta love that
    Posted via Mobile Device