1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Applying Gran Fert on Steep hill

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by ProCuts Lawn Care, Jun 19, 2014.

1. ProCuts Lawn Care

ProCuts Lawn Care LawnSite Member

So I had sent on of my guys out to fert a lawn w/ LESCO 8-0-0 w/ Dimension (6-8 weeks ago, JDL recommended this app at the time). He claimed a few broad leaf weeds had already emerged. This lawn is on a steep hill and it appears that the way it was applied due to the hill has caused some dead spots. I have to send someone or myself to do the next app soon. Any suggestions or advice on what to do for the next app using a 50lbs broadcast spreader on a steep hill.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

exact ditto with Riggle.

4. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Yep a chest spreader on a steep hill side or any thing a T3000 won't do

No push spreader it will go up on 1 wheel or over

5. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I think most of us have striped a big hill. I am with the above chest spreader all the way.

6. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Working for a company, I used to have to spread granules on steep hills. I would blow the granules with a Maruyama MD. 56 CC engine, 50 lb hopper capacity, and totally mobile because it is a backpack. The machine would shoot the granules at least 50 ft up hill.

7. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

This is why I love my skid sprayer.

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto. On inaccessible areas, I use air inducted boomless nozzles on the hand piece.

9. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

I've been on slopes I have busted my butt every 3-4 steps.. Guess what that was a big reason I don't work for that guy no more....
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. officerturner

officerturner LawnSite Member

Also applying fertilizer on a steep hill and get a turd floater and the nitrogen greens up the down hill neighbor. Ha gotta love that
    Posted via Mobile Device