Applying Ironite on Fescue

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kirk1701, Feb 8, 2012.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

kirk, hope all went well on your surgery. so, do tell what price you paid for such a bag. i am very interested in that type of application. thanks

2. Tha5150

Tha5150 LawnSite Member

Thanks for this. So 2nd number is thickness and 3rd is root growth? or just a combination? Someone told me the best all around bags to get are the 6-6-6 ones. true?

3. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

I go in next Thursday for Pre-Op, I guess thats like paperwork, insurance and instructions prior to day of surgery and they cut the following Monday feb 20th.

As for the iron, was $40 for a 50Lb bag. Not bad concidering it was $20 locally for Ironite's brand 40 Lb bag.

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

The Lesco Iron Plus is a good product in my opinion compared to other products like ironite as you are getting not only the dose of Fe but you are also getting all the other micros with it. If you color issue is related to micros this product should help resolve.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Michael turned me on to this mix last year. The micro package is excellent for getting the best color from turf. Be advised Iron is depleted pretty quickly so a quarterly app may be needed. :usflag:

6. kirk1701

This is going to be my first time so if I see I need more I'll add it in next season but thanks

7. grassman177

holey smokes that is high dollar!!!:hammerhead:

8. grassman177

do you charge more for this application being the price and ap rate?

9. kirk1701

Just for my personal use grassman

10. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Grassman - It seems that the southern soils get depleted of Mg, Mn rather quickly - so repair as needed is a good thing and this product offers the ability to do so with out buying tech mag etc etc. which have a high cost.