Applying liquid iron to St. Augustine??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ron95gt, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Pete

He doesn't need to pull up any plugs. Just hit it with 20 lbs of Milorganite per thousands. With the rain from Charley he should get a good response fairly quick. Since this is a grow in, he should try Cal Nite as a synthetic in about 45 to 60 days. Apply it lightly and often and he will have a great strong stand of St Augustine IMHO.

2. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Ric,
    You certainly know about St. Aug. turf and I hope he follows your advice.
    Hope all is well with you.
    Pete D.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Pete

St Augustine is all I know. I lay it, plug it, Irrigate it, Pesticide and Fertilize it, and Mow it. I don't know anything about any other turf.

I just came home from what was my nursery. My equipment is all parked in what was a field and now a shallow lake. No Damage to the equipment as far as I can tell. My skid loader is parked next to the cement block garage and is high and dry. In the morning we will chain up and try and pull the trucks out to finish the clean up contract we are working on. With Hurricane Ivan heading my way I am ready to buy a snow plow and head north. I am not sure if there will be any landscape to take care of when this is all over. Yes I am in the landscape install business. However once again will people be able to afford to replace it, with all the other expenses. It will be a long time recovering here even if Ivan doesn't get us. It has been like living in a night mare, only it is real.

4. Ron95gt

Ron95gt LawnSite Member

Thanks much for the info guys. I'll get on it.

5. Ron95gt

Ron95gt LawnSite Member

Best of luck Ric! Got my fingers crossed for ya. I welcome your expertise in that you are a long time St. A "plugger".

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ron

Florida is down, but not out yet. If Ivan doesn't hit us too bad we will recover. We are crying in our beer right now, but will get back into gear in the near future.