Apps. Without a license??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by srl28, Feb 10, 2007.

1. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there any type of fertilizer that can be applied by a landscape/lawn company without having a pesticide license? i know for a fact a local guy applied Scotts witout a pesticide license. Is this legal/possible?? Thanks :waving:

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I know that, in Kansas anyway, you can apply any straight fertilizer you want without a license. Just need a license for pesticides.

3. srl28

So just need a pesticide license to apply pesticides but no regulation on fertilizers?

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

In Kansas, not sure about your state, could be different.

5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats the on going debate, some say you can , some say you can't. I was told by the 2 big dealers by me that you can apply straight fert. I f you put down anything "for Hire" that contains pesticides, even weed and feed you need a license.Thats Jersey

6. srl28

So basically just "feeds" can be put down "for hire" witout a license? Straight fert is the way to go in this case right?

7. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

the law is that ferts are fine but ANYTHING with pesticide, weed n feed, prem,insecticides,and dont forget ROUNDUP, which is a pesticide.

8. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

just call your local AG office, they should be able to tell you for sure.

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

yeah state guy told me a few years ago that I could not spray ROUNDUP without license nor a pre emergent crabgrass control granule wihtout license...however plain ol fert was fine..no weed and feed. I think the roundup thing is stupid. I HATE GUVMENT

10. srl28

So what sort (looking for names of products) can be spread/applied? There are a few local lesco guys here, what do they have that can be applied without a license?