April 9, 2008 NY Savio water feature seminar

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by barefeetny, Feb 13, 2008.

1. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

In oceanside NY.... for a pond free system

I signed up and will be going down either in the morning or the night before

if anyone in the hudson valley or farther upstate is lurking or going let me know... we can carpool and I have a place lined up to stay...if you want to start early

Really looking forward to it... Venturewest... they ought to give you a free seminar for being so enthusastic and willing to share the experience and the pics of what you have been doing...

Let me Know

Nate

2. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

I know you will get alot out of that. I bet can't wait.

3. barefeetny

yeah... i am so excited to go...

really where else can can you spend a 130 dollars and spend an entire day hands on...with 19 other people and a industry leader....

it was a great deal and the fact that its hands on is perfect... the fact that they give you lunch is just a bonus

Nate

4. William Burnison

William Burnison LawnSite Member

Barefeetny, What all have you heard about these Savio seminars? I have heard a lot but would like someone elses opinion. Are they really as good as I hear? I cannot believe that it has taken so long for someone to finally listen to the contractors out here and provide a training format that can actually help us put money into our pockets. My hat is off to Savio!!! If we can not turn a profit, we can not stay in business for long.

I even talked to a contractor last year in Portland Oregon that said they went a step farther and became "certified" after the seminar and through the referrals they landed a $64,000.00 contract for a project that the Savio team even helped them design and consult throughout the project. Now that is committment. Not a story either, I could not believe it all and I talked to a Savio Customer Service Tech and he knew all about the project and verified everything that the contractor told me. I want to get Savio Certified and get some of that action.

Has anyone on this site been to a seminar?

5. barefeetny

look for the posts from venturewest... he has actually been and posting pics of the stuff he did and learned

for 130 dollars to spend a day with one of the industrys best designers and leading experts plus lunch is a steal..i even think they throw in a t-shirt and some other stuff.... waiting for my package... i found out after the fact that i have seen the teacher Rick Bartel on a few home improvement shows...and in a bunch of print articles

every major landscaping supply company should offer classes like this...

i would pay the same to learn alot of other skills.... lighting... wall design in other parts of the counrty ect

Venturewest gave me some info in a p-m and in these threads

Nate

6. barefeetny

just a bump as we get close.... no takers means i might have to load some cds in the truck

7. irrigation man

irrigation man LawnSite Member

we have about 6 pond builds (pondless also) every year as well as a half dozen lighting installs and classroom work,never a lack of attendees

8. barefeetny

Guys

I have been really busy and working hard......but i couldn't resist signing on to tell you how the day went.

in a nutshell to spend a day with Rick was a great bargain at 130 dollars. If i din't have so much stuff lined up i would have tried to sign up for the pond building class tommorow...

I took a bunch of pics that i'll upload later...It was a small build and that was kind of cool as we had a small class. I learned so much and can't wait to build a small pondless waterfall in my yard.... I was so surprised how loud a few inches of falling water is...

I hope everyone is doing well and i'll talk to you all soon... venturewest..... you"re the man

Nate

9. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome Nate. I am glad you got a lot out of it. I can't wait to see the pics.