Aprox Est on Fall Ceanup

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slcareco, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

Guy wants an estimate on a fall clean and he lives on 22,000 sqft of property with a 2,000 sqft home, inground pool and pond.

Backyard is cover with deciduous trees, front is half as bad... I was thinking 550-600 for cleanup just one guy. I'm using a redmax backpack blower, tarps and my pickup truck with walls.

What do you think?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...821161&spn=0.000511,0.000857&t=h&z=20&iwloc=A

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I couldn't tell you, I don't think many others could either just judging by the google map. But if I were you, I would get a trailer too, to help haul away the leaves. Your truck will fill up so fast.

3. Slcareco

yeah true cant say if im too high or low?

4. Talon1189

Talon1189 LawnSite Member

I am no cleanup expert.........but most here get $40-75 an hour per man from what I read here. It cost alot to live in NY and the people that live in that house are rich :) Good luck

5. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Two things, people with money have it for a reason. They don't like to pay. How long do you think it would take you. Looking at that map, maybe 4 hours??

6. Slcareco

I was thinking 5 or six I tol dhim 550 already he said he will let me know

7. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Would have shot for $350-$375...if you get it that's a great price, good luck

8. Slcareco

thanks man will see

9. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm, $550, depending on the openness of the property "might" be a lil high, but not by much, I would have bid it at $450 max, given the trees are only around the edges, other than that it is pretty wide open. I would use two backpacks, the Walker and dump w leaf loader to do the job. Good luck

10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I have found that usually when the customer says "he'd let me know", it means NO.