Aquascape or Savio

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by alpine692003, Feb 26, 2005.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys recommend on what products to use?

Aquascape or Savio?

2. johndarron

johndarron LawnSite Member

I have used Aquascapes and Savio and I have to say that I prefer the Savio products. I will tell you why (1) the Savio skimmer is always the same you just change the weir to match the square footage of you pond 6" 300 sq. ft., 8.5" 500 sq. ft. and the 16" for up to 1600 sq. ft. The Savio is set up for a UV clarifier if needed and if you need a autofill it just drops into one side of the UV chamber (simple). (2) Savio bio-filters are top notch the water comes in at the top of the unit in a chamber so a check valve is eliminated because the water will not backflow to your skimmer. When the water comes out of the chamber it is swirled around the bottom so heavier solids will fall out to bottom, and of course the springflo media is very unique and user friendly.

The Savio units are very heavy duty and are priced below Aquascape pricing.

Darron Bryant
  3. DBM

DBM LawnSite Member

Aquascapes is grossly overpriced, but I'd recommend them for the landscaper that's just getting started out with ponds. Stuff is built like a tank and they hold your hand through everything. The Aquascapes distributor in Ladner will do everything he can do to help you out.

If this is for the pond you were talking to me about before I'd recommend the Savio filter and skimmer, the liner from Aquascapes (they sell Carlisle liners, firestone liners weren't warranteed if you cut them) - at least this was the case a few years ago. For the other stuff PM me and I'll source it out for you.

Once you figure out how to do things you can source out supplies from alternative sources. By doing this you can make more profit and still come in under the pricing by the Aquascape contractors.
  4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, DBM..

I'll check out the products then ..
  5. east sooke man

east sooke man LawnSite Member

If you are looking for top quality,long warranties,and what I have seen as leading edge european design check out Oase my experience is they deliver what say they will!