1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

AquaScapes Overpriced?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by JimLewis, Jan 16, 2005.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

I agree Jim. I would also sub out the electrical too so the project was turn key.

2. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Just telling you what they told us. They told us one of the more succesful pond builders in the Chicago area does it this way. Builds nothing but 11x16 ponds, has 2 crews that work 6 days a week building 12 ponds a week at about 8k a pond. They said his philosophy is while others are chasing down subs for all the other work he's building ponds and making money doing only that. Less hassle as it was explained to us.

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, well that guy sounds like he JUST does ponds. I suppose if you're that popular that you are doing JUST ponds each and every day, you can afford to be that choosy. Are you doing JUST ponds? If so, I guess maybe that advice applies. If not, I think it's bad advice.

4. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Could be, thats how I do it and it works for me. Anyway back to your original question, Aquascapes is the only one around here, John Deere hasn't got a foothold yet in the irragation department.