arborvitae prob.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Sep 26, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

well here are some pics of the trees i am having a problem with. Customer wants me to transplant them to try and sve them. 7 of them should make it. I think they are getting way to much water where they are at now. when it rains it come rushing down this hill . I removed 2 nasty bushes along the house were she wants 4 of them planted. Having a guy come and rip them up for me for 50 bucks. He has a skid.

Picture 078.jpg

2. chefdrp

Thats 1 shot of them.this is a second

Picture 079.jpg

3. chefdrp

closer look at why i am doing this

Picture 082.jpg

4. chefdrp

and another...............

Picture 083.jpg

5. chefdrp

left side of where i will be putting 4

Picture 080.jpg

6. chefdrp

right side........ These bushes got torn out with my truck

Picture 081.jpg

7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How about bringing in a few bad branches to the local nursery and see what they think it is. Maybe all they need is spraying with mite/insects/fungus spray a few times to get to all the problems at once.

Does the guy who will 'rip' them out be able to save enough of the roots for transplanting? I am no expert in transplanting but $50 sounds real cheap so I think he will RIP (rest in peace) them out and they will die.

8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Sound advice, IMO.

I had the same thought on the skid steer. I have a $150 minimum.

9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

are the leaves turning brown evenly throughout the tree, or from the top, or from the bottom. In my experience, over watering will result in dying from the top down due to water retention.. the opposite for under watering (bottom up) but it could be a fungus, or insect. I was losing alot of evrgreens this whole year. some spirals, pom pom etc. in june, i gave them a good trimming, and they seem to be recovering great so far. maybe due to the bad winter we had last year.

10. chefdrp

the uy with the skid steer isnt a LCO He owns a paving company. So Maybe he doesnt know hw to bid the landscape removal. I will be right there to tell him what to do thanx to all of you guys. I will go early and loosen up the ground first before he gets there.