1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Arch Supports

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by oldturf, Feb 12, 2007.

1. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

Have any of you used those expensive arch supports like are advertized on TV. They are called good feet or best feet or something like that. I have heard that they cost around $400.00. Are they any good, do they work or are they just another scam. My feet hurt.
  2. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Go to "Ideal Feet" at 61st and Mingo there in Tulsa. They should be able to help you out. They are supposed to really help the hurting feet. Later, Tony
  3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I have plantar fasciaitis. I used to be able to run 3-5 miles a day but my heels just hurt too much. Went to Ideal Feet but couldnt bring myself to part with the $400. I started using the arch supports sold at Academy..I think they are Spenco or something like that. They are green and have a hard plastic bottom. I have almost total relief now. They only cost about $20 and last about 6 months.
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

When I was 10 - 15 years old I suffered from fallen arches, had to use inserts daily in my shoes. Used birkenstocks branded inserts that my dad picked up from the local prosthetic guy. Dont ask me why they had them but they did. Cost 40 bucks a set and lasted till my foot outgrew them. Went through about 5 sets total but now I have well formed arches with zero pain and no longer need to wear them. Not sure if ya'll are having the same problem but for arch support i vote birkenstocks.
  5. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

Sounds like the ticket to me, I'll give those a shot and see. I can't stand the $400.00 price tag. Thanks!
  6. niagara

niagara LawnSite Member
    from ontario

For a long time I also thought that $400. was just too much to consider paying on inserts. I got lucky and found out my wife's health care plan at work pays $400. per year for orthotics. Got a pair, and after three or four days of getting used to them, found out that are worth double the $400. They have made a huge difference for me. Legs and feet not sore and tired at all at end of the day.
    Much more energy at work. Get orthotics professionally fitted using computer or mold, and you won't be sorry. I would still get them every year even if I had to lay out the cash.
  7. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

If you have feet issues, you soon will have back and other issues.
    Custom orthotics may be covered under insurance if your Dr. notes a
    "leg length discrepincy",,,,go for it
    Even if they do't cover it, Orthotics last years.

If you go for something over the counter think "super Feet", they sell them at ski shops. Berkinstocks also make a comfortable insert for 50.00

Just .02
  8. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

I have an uncle. That could not walk without limping. He went and was fitted 2 years ago. And now he is walking better then he has in 30 years.
    I wear some from the Chiropractor. Cost me $40 per set. And that is the only way I can handle walking .
    Need to go and get a good set.
  9. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

I have been gelling like Magelean for years. Thanks Dr. Scholls