Architectural Grade?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by bmwsmity, Sep 16, 2008.

1. bmwsmity

bmwsmity LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Ohio

Okay, I've heard the term architectural grade before, but it seems to be used very loosely.

What exactly does this mean in reference to fixtures? Just more heavy-duty? What type of traits must be present to deem a fixture architectural grade?

Maybe a total neophyte question, but I hate not knowing the answer.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

3. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

In addition to what Joey said, I might also add the fixture should have a detailed specifications sheet, aka spec sheet or cut-sheet.

4. bmwsmity

Male, from Ohio

I figured that a brass fixture, such as one by Unique, would be considered arch. grade.

I suppose that there is no concrete definition for arch. grade, but that it is just a very durable fixture that will hold up to a lot of abuse?

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I'll bet James can find a textbook definition for us...

6. bmwsmity

Male, from Ohio

surprised he hasn't chimed in yet on this one lol...i figured he was probably the arch. grade KING! :canadaflag:

7. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

What's the matter, Gregg? Wikipedia run dry on this one? I thought you were the one that was gonna answer this question.:waving:

8. irrig8r

9. irrig8r

BTW, what's the diff. between "Architectural Grade" and "Specification Grade"?

10. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

He's on vacation in my neck of the woods. I'm sure he'll enlighten us when he returns. I hope he gets a bad sun-burn. :laugh: