1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are aftermarket tires/rims unprofessional...?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by David N, May 18, 2012.

1. David N

David N LawnSite Member

This is my truck that I pull my mower and equipment with. I also pull a dump trailer when I am putting out mulch or doing other jobs. Is it unprofessional? Yes it is my personal daily driver, and I am trying to find a decent work truck, but I am having no luck.

2. nobody gives a crap.
  3. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Depends on who you ask, but mostly you're OK since at least it's not a Dodge.

I have chrome wheels on my Silverado. They aren't anything crazy since I kept them to the factory wheel size.
    I get a lot of compliments on the condition of my truck, but I could see where someone may get the wrong impression of you/your business given the right(wrong?)set of wheels.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  4. OakNut

Yeah, I know the tail light covers are way out of style, but ten years ago when it was new they (sort of) were.
  5. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you waste your money on rims and put em on your work truck? Looks and sounds pretty stupid and worthless to me.
  6. OakNut

I put mine on my daily driver when I bought it new ten years ago. It just happens to be my work truck now.

That said, if I were doing well enough financially, I wouldn't hesitate to do it on my work truck if I bought one for that purpose. Your truck is a rolling advertisement for your business. Some people don't care if your truck looks like death warmed over, but some do.
  7. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Looks fine... What kind of
    Traction bars you got on there? I really need to make some
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That looks really well done, so it's not a problem. The problem lies with guys having really crappy truck with cheap modification. A nice clean truck with some professional modifications is fine.
  9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck, Oaknut. I just traded my old truck in on an 04 Silverado like yours.

Do you have an exhaust system on yours? I'm gonna put one on mine here pretty soon.
  10. Town Line Lawn Care LLC

Town Line Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Member

It should not be a problem. I have received many positive comments from customers about my tow vehicle. This is what I roll up with.

IMG_3724 (Large).jpg

IMG_3724 (Large).jpg