1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are any scags red?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ofishil, Sep 8, 2004.

1. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

i was reading an ad and it has a pic of a scag (probably from the website). Its orange like all the other ones i have seen. Well it says the actual color is red. Are any scags red?
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have never seen a red scag, unless its a new model for next season? Even at that, I see no reason why Scag would want to change its entire color scheme...unless they just want to attract attention? Where did you see the add?
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have never noticed a red Scag mower. Where did you see that ad?

4. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

on ebay... hes selling a exmark as well. maybe he just made a mistake...
  5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never heard of or seen a red scag.
  6. Shultz

Shultz LawnSite Member

maybe they had it painted. Some guys even paint their 2 cycle stuff to match. Who knows. I saw the add on ebay-if you cant see the actual machine, run away, buyer beware. Theres alot of great stuff from legitimate sellers on ebay, and if its too good to be true, it probable is.
  7. We cut for money

We cut for money LawnSite Member

Yeah, he either painted it or its a typo. Scags color is gold. :cool2:
  8. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

So if a guy has sold 33 things and has 100% positive rating do you think i could trust him? I could get a pretty good deal for his machines and after the auction i will post the ebay link. Just dont want to let somebody else get the deal. I have emailed him and questioned about the color but he hasnt replied.
  9. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

You are right to be leary. While the seller has sold numerous items, none of the items have to do with lawn and garden. It is all clothing and personal effects. That may not mean anything but it could. Also, the picture clearly shows it is Scag orange not red. Why are they selling it after only 20 hours? And what does it mean "2 wheels"? Looks like it has 4 wheels to me. Good luck.
  10. Shultz

Shultz LawnSite Member

33 items is nothing on ebay-maybe one weeks worth of clearing out your spare bedroom. If he had sold 33 mowers, that might be different. I'm not saying its not legimate or stolen, but why red, why no picture, honestly its kind of a goofy listing. Anyway, good luck, and I would sure look at it in person before I bid with that listing. Its no deal if after a few hundred miles or bucks for shipping its junk.