Are Bobcats good mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by recycledsole, Oct 13, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Im thinking about buying a 36" bobcat class with fs481v engine.
    anyone have any experience with them?
    thank you so much

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Bobcat doesn't make a 36 inch mower. Did you mean Bob-Cat? They make a solid mower and are pretty popular where I am.

3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

yes sir that is what i meant.

4. Darryl G

I know, just bustin' on you :p

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Sole,
    Since I run two other Exmark units, I wanted to purchase something in the Walker line but didn't want the expense this time around. I inquired about the Navigator.................!!!
    My dealer told me straight out that this unit was sub par, always needed repairs, wasn't as eco friendly as thought. My dealer said that in 10 years, they sold 10 units and all ten were in for repairs within 6 months of purchase. 3 were returned and traded back in for a Walker.
    My dealer carries many brands of Z's but they were really straight forward about the bad rap on this mower.
    The Bob-Cat...the green mower that looks like the Walker is just the same as mentioned above. Other's will imitate, but they can never completely copy the valued worth of the Walker. This is my opinion....and from use of my two units of 13 years each. I run Walker and Exmark because of the un paralleled cut of each mower for my usage.
    I only wanted to carry one brand on the trailer's, so this was merely a visual thing. I carry a Frankenstein trailer of equipment. Stihl's, Echo's, Gravely, Exmark,Walker to name a few.
    I do not know from use that this mower has problems, I can only emulate from my dealer who talked me out of this unit at the time.
    Other's may chime in and have argumentative responses. That is fine..........as I would like to hear them also.

6. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Buying one tomm I'll let you k ow how it does throughout the week

7. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

They are a tried and true workhorse mower. Very popular around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Darryl G

What the hell are you talking about. Bob-Cat does not make a Walker-type mower and I don't think they ever have. He's asking about a 36 inch belt drive walk behind....nice story though. :laugh:

9. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

10. Darryl G

Wow...OK, I stand corrected...but his post still has nothing to do with what the OP asked about, lol.