Are Bobcats good mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by recycledsole, Oct 13, 2012.

1. S. Scapes

S. Scapes LawnSite Member

My first commercial mower is the exact one that you are looking for (belt-driven, engine type, 36'', etc.) I have had ZERO issues with mine and I have ran that thing through some nasty stuff. It's like a bush-hog and an excellent striping mower all in one. The pistol grips are easy to adjust, maintenance is a breeze, and it'll never quit. The only reason why I bought another mower is for larger accounts. I cut fescue, centipede, and bermuda it does a great job on all. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.
    Oh and the one I bought was used and I would've thought it was brand new the way it runs. :waving:
  2. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

Like a few others, my first commercial mower was an old bob-cat 48" walk behind. Belt driven with the kaw fb460v and I still have it. Bob-Cat's are really solid machines. They're similar to exmarks. The key is to make sure you have a reliable Bob-Cat dealer nearby. I've had my mower go out a couple times over the years and parts for any type of machine without a close dealer is a headache.