??Are dealerships REALLY slashing prices on trucks??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by milsaps118, Aug 18, 2008.

1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been contemplating whether or not I should buy a new rig to add to my fleet before we get into the snow season. I hear everyone talking about getting such sweat deals and how the dealerships are "Giving Away" gas guzzlers because there is no market for 'em anymore since the gas craze started. Is this true.....? I've been poking my nose at few dealerships and the reaction I get is the total opposite from all the "Hype" I've been hearing. Yeah, I know they're sales people and it's part of their job to feed the prospective buyer full of BS, but just to let you know this isn't my first go-around in the rodeo. I have found that the incentives and rebates are better than usual but for example sticker on a truck I was looking at was $47,825, with RTD and other DISC it brought it down to $41,325. You add TTL and dealer fees your almost back up to sticker, so really how is this such a "GREAT DEAL" I hear everyone talking about?? Anyone here (Not your neighbors-Buddy's-cousin-sisters-brother in-laws-best friend), recently purchased a NEW truck/SUV and got a SWEET DEAL? I want to hear about it.

Thanks in advance!
  2. UrbanGreen

UrbanGreen LawnSite Member

Here in Atlanta, Dodge is now selling all gas burners at 50% off of sticker price with the life time warranty. I have a buddy who just bought an 08' F250 fully decked out with all the goodies for a little over 40K, and chevy gmc are loaded down with so many trucks I think you can walk in and name a price! It seems to be a great time to buy one but good luck if you're tryin to trade in or sell one
  3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Don't know if it's fact; however this thread brings to mind the news report ABC World News did about 5 weeks ago. About how GM is struggling canceling all of the Hummer production line, and their quietly buying back Hummer dealerships. Hummers are loosing up to 40% of their value when you drive off the lot now?? according to GM. This does relate to truck sales because the Hummer's gasburner engine's are the same one's going into their trucks. GM is banking on Hybrid electric, and smaller displacement V-6 or V-8 CGI diesel's

Diesel's might Rule 2009
    The new smaller displacement V-6 & V-8 (CGI) composite graphite iron diesel block's should help boost fuel economy & pump up truck sales in 2009. I would hold off on that V8 gasburner until 2009 unless you just gotta have a new truck
  4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Both Dodge and Ford here advertised 50% off.
  5. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yea, tell chevy to do the same.
  6. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Half off sticker! I have nothing against Dodge and Ford, just personal preference that I like my GM's. I'd be really tempted to snatch up a $50K PSD for around $25K. I never seen 50% off advertising around here but I think it's just a matter of time before these crazy incentives make there way up here if they're already being offered down there.
  7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i have never seen 50% off either, i hate dodges to the bone but a lifetime powertrain warrenty is worth a lot of money to me. may have to look into that real soon
  8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

You might eat those words some day, Dodge has been the only truck to hold up for us:nono:

Lifetime warranty does not apply to diesels or commercial use. Many try to "skate" buy as residential customers:laugh:
  9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Our dealer is taking off 15+ thousand off super dutys. i took a picture! ill try and post it when i get it from the phone.
  10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

darn no dodge for me then