1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

are dixie choppers good mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by david griggs, Jan 31, 2002.

1. david griggs

david griggs LawnSite Member

i like the way the LX series can fit through 36" gates by taking off the ends of the 42" deck.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, they are good mowers.
  3. Ilove our dixie chopper its the best i have owned.
    We had a fire that destoyed our's this winter but it will be replaced pomptly by another one maybe two.
    And dixie chopper is one company not affraid to give me the option of a kohler engine.
    I would not consider anything else now and that's not takeing anything away from exmark we have one of them to and it is great.
    But to me the dixie is just a little bit better.
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

yes very good mower
  5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

David, if you have seen their new Ad's you will notice that the Dixie Chopper comes Flex-Deck ready in the ZTR line. That is thru and exclusive with us. Please Visit our sponsor forums, and in fact all the sponsor forums - we do appreciate all the interest, and the opportunity to get our products in front of so many high profile customers that can make a difference. I belive that all of the sponsor companies can help you, and you can help us.

Thanks, Brad
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Get the dealer to let you demo one. Then try a few other brands. See which you like best and which dealer is best. Service is a key issue in mower choice.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Your biased Hoss!:D Tell the man the truth, say what's on your Exmark mind.

Like Tony the Tiger says:

They're Greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.:blob4:
  8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

dixie pretty good exmark bettuh. for one thing dixie aint got no red paint onit.latuh now yaw.:)
  9. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

Dixie Choppers are in my opinon by far the best mower on the market!!! They're fast, dependable and top notch, well worth the money!!