1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are ECHO 2400's really as bad as they sound???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Oct 25, 2000.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

It seems like every post I've read about an ECHO 2400 anything(trimmer,edger,hedger,etc.)they have either broken or stopped working or just been problematic. Is this true and why??
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I had five of them. Then I discovered Shindaiwa. But if Shindaiwa pulls the plug on internets sales like Alamia and others, I may try a Redmax or maybe even....(gasp)a Echo 2601.
  3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

COMPETITION makes the world better.

If you had a 2000 Echo 2400 trimmer in 1980, it would have been the most wonderful, reliable piece of equipment on your crew.

Today, it's a distant runner-up compared to the competition.

(No, they're not problematic)
  4. script

script LawnSite Member

I have a PE2400 edger and an SRM2400 trimmer that I've been using for about two and a half years now and the only problem I had was the pull starter rope on the trimmer. I average roughly 50 to 60 yards weekly. No problems yet so I can't complain.

5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

We use there edger and love it also there hedger great just too darn heavy.
    But we have been leaning towardsShindaiwa in the last year
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've had nothing but good experience with Echo. I have been using Echo since 1983. The trimmers I have now are 2501's (I thought they were 2601 but I was wrong) and I have had those for 4 years now, and they are still running strong. The only thing I had wear out was the reel where the string goes through the loop. It just wore all the way through this last time I respooled. My blowers are about that old too(Well, except the one that was stolen that I no longer have)and are going strong. No complaints, and I know what my next trimmers and blowers will be.
  7. fa35jsf

fa35jsf LawnSite Member
    from 77355

I have a 21.2cc engine from a ECHO SRM1501 trimmer. It was bought in July 1990. I need to know the HP of this engine as it is important to a prodject I am doing. Can anyone help me???
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I believe both of those companies (from lurking on here for a while and reading) already prohibit online sales.
  9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

About 3/4 horsepower.
  10. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same good experiences here too!!! I bought a PAS 260 this past spring and it has been trouble free. I also have a set of HC 150 hedge shears that have been trouble free.