Are Echo trimmers & weed eaters very good quality?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by c_anfossi, Feb 22, 2001.

1. c_anfossi

c_anfossi LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I am going to be starting up a lawn maintenance business next year, and was wondering how Echo products were, quality wise? Also, how many cfm's should i be looking at for a gas leaf blower? Thanks

2. Bryan McMullen

Bryan McMullen LawnSite Member

Ihave an echo weed-eater and blower,im not sure the cfm but I will check and let you know,as far as the quality theire are no complaints here.

3. Connie

Connie LawnSite Member

I have two echo weedeaters and a blower. I have no complaints here. Never had anything go wrong with either of them.

4. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I used echo blowers and weed eaters years ago when I was on a mowing crew. They are good quality and we never had a problem with any of them.

Scott

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i have an echo split shaft trimmer. i love the thing. havent had a problem yet.

6. GLM

GLM LawnSite Member

Echo stuff is great. I have two blowers and two trimmers. Buy the big back pack blower I think that its the PB-6000. Its much more powerful than the smaller one. Good stuff, I've never had any problems and the price is right too.

7. the echos are not bad if you are just starting out, or if you are established and you want something cheap to throw away every couple weeks or so. also with the echos the mower shop that i work for is telling me that their price is going up a nice little bit for some reason or another. personally i would say that for a trimmer i would either go with a redmax or a shindiawa. i have used redmaxes and they are great, just big bucks, will last though. just picked up a shindiawa a couple years ago and am very happy with it, plenty of power and is holding up well, as for the backpack blower, get something that is high cfm's and low wieght. i have found that the stihl pb400's work nicely, also you may want to try the new shindiawa blowers. people are telling me that they have more power and are just as light. more money though...

8. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

All I have in small power tools are Echo...Have used them for years...There the best in my book.

9. bababooie

bababooie LawnSite Member

i used echo for about 10yrs ,and went thru their stuff like water,finally i tried redmax and they are way better built from the carburater.

10. redmax- only thing bad about them is when they get stolen... around here unless you are gonna report it to your insurance company you are out 500 bucks for one trimmer. but very good machines. shindiawa i have found though can hold up against a redmax quite well.