1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are Exmarks and Toros the same machine?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by turfmower, Oct 15, 2002.

1. turfmower

turfmower LawnSite Member

I'm looking at Toro z it has a few more bells ans whistles than the Exmark, bigger fuel tanks, z stand and it has a differnt deck. the big differnce is in the collection systems, Toro has a vaccum and exmarks has blower that robs Hp off deck. dumping the 2 machines, Toro is easyer dont have to leave the seat to dump. The deal has both in stock and the Toro is cheaper too. Storr Tactor (toro distubuter) brought a machine to my job site to demo. I've heard all the ressons why the Toro is better but haven't had any one tell me the Exmark spin on the 2 machines.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Thanks for the post. There are several differences in the two machines. Most of those differences are in the mower deck and front frame.

We will stack our fabricated deck up against anybody’s in performance, durability and strength. We'll also go head to head against any vac system on any mid-mount Z on the market. Our vac uses less power, plugs less and picks up more clippings than anything we've tested against.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys/gals in that visit the commercial forum that may be able to give you a comparison to what they found when they demoed both units. You may want to post there as well.

Don't take my word for it and don't take a salemans word for it. Demo both machines and buy the one that you like the best. E-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com and I'll see if I can arrange a demo for you.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

In a nutshell, yes, the real difference is in the decks. I have all Toro products and am satisfied, but there are some who have owned both and will tell you Exmark decks are a tad better. Especially if you mulch.