are ezdumpers interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Sep 8, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

im just wondering. is it possible to put an ezdumper in the bed of an 94 f150 with 4in lift and helper springs?

and then if, well when i get a bigger truck like a 3/4 or 1ton transfer the ezdumper into that truck. basically, will an ezdumper fit all 8foot beds? so i could take it from a ford to a dodge or gmc as long as the rear springs can support it and is 8ft bed?

2. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

yes mine is in a 99 f250 will be in a 350 deisel next year

No matter the truck ill keep my ez dumper

MVC-006F.JPG

3. CrewCutEnterprises

Another.. remember the dump weight is about 700 lbs.. plus truck. dont over load it.

MVC-005F.JPG

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

okay thanks, thats a reallll nice ez-dumper, looks like it hasnt been used yet!!! i pretty much understand that as long as its the same body style it'll change. but im more worried about putting one in a 94 f150, and then in 2006 or so getting a 02-03 dodge ram 2500-3500

5. CrewCutEnterprises

heeh Got it last friday.

The thing is held in by 4 bolts. the Existing body mounting bolts for the bed.

Only issue would be the gvwr of the 150.

Thats it.

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

did you add those boards to make it have more capacity? or was it an extra option the dealer offerd?

that dumper looks great.

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

So the EZ dump weighs 700#

8. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I just took mine out of my 97 f350 and put it in a 2003 f350 no problem.

9. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, no problem as far as transferring it goes. Just 4 bolts through the bed, and a direct wire up to the battery.

Springs aren't the only weak point though. Frame, axle, tires, etc. are all affected too. You won't be able to haul a whole lot with a half-ton, but grass clippings, brush, other light loads will be fine. It should get you by until you get a bigger truck.

Here is what it looks like uninstalled (this is an old unit, almost 10 years old now), then a pic of it installed.

ezdumperprimed.jpg

ezdumperinstalled.jpg

10. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

The nice thing about dump inserts is that they are interchangable and can be remounted in your new ride (as long as the bed size remains the same). I got the 'Truck Craft' aluminum unit and have only had 1 problem (so far) and that was the solenoid that fires up the hoist motor went south. As mentioned previously - be careful and do not overload..

BobR