1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

are flyers any good?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lee's lawn service, Mar 24, 2005.

1. lee's lawn service

lee's lawn service LawnSite Member

im thinking about doing some flyers in the mail about 1,000 do yall this that is a good thig to do would i get a good come back is there a better way to get more acounts
  2. Houston's

Houston's LawnSite Member

i did door to door and i am doing good... i maby passed out 120 or so and got 3 calls..ad in news paper no calls..so yes it is the best way... :angry:
  3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

word of mouth is the best way to get accounts...

otherwise, either direct mailings, flyers, doorhangers, etc.

Perform a search you will get flooded with info.

J&JBUZZCUTTER'S LawnSite Member

dont put it in the actual mailbox you will get fined by the post office.
  5. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

Flyers are usually very good, but it can somtimes be a big pain, takes alot of time and very low success rate. (1-3%) It is neccassary though. But for example I passed out 800 flyers between two days, Did some last Friday and finished up the rest this Monday, and I still havn't got one call.
  6. bobwright007

bobwright007 LawnSite Member

I hope 1% - 3% would be the call back rate. I just sent out 5000 flyers, and it cost $150 for the flyers and $550 for bulk rate. So if i got 50 calls i say it would be well worth it. However i no longer have thumb prints after sticking all those labels on the cards.....
  7. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I'll let you know in about 2 weeks, I put out a thousand today and have 14k more to go
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi lee's lawn service,

Here is a quote for you

9. lee's lawn service

lee's lawn service LawnSite Member

cool where do u get the bulk mailers are adresses
  10. jwillaford

jwillaford LawnSite Member

There are a number of questions I would have for you before you make an investment into direct mail.
    • What is your budget?
    • Who is your target? What demographic do they fall into? What kind of consumer are they?
    • How does this fit into a comprehensive marketing plan?

For the money, I would say you do 200-300 homes more often than 1000 homes once. Your ROI will be a lot better, and you are building your brand into the minds of the consumer.

As far as lists, you can go to Directmail.com and get lists. Just click on consumer lists on the left menu and you should be able to figure it out from there.

Referrals are good. Door-to-door is good. Direct Mail is good. Again, how does that fit into a marketing strategy? If you make a concerted effort on 200-300 homes with all your energy and dollars in that area, you'll own that smaller area. This means operating much more efficiently than the bigger radius.