Are HOA's a pita???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cuts, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a call today to bid on a local hoa... relatively small from what I can tell.... 9 vacant lots.... 1/4 - 1/3 acre size. All open, level, sidewalks get edged. Plus a 1/2 acre pool area.... edged sidewalks, trimming. Extreme basic lawn maintenance. 7 month contract.

was debating whether it's even worth it....

no flowers, no mulching, no trimming shrubs.... unless they ask.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

everything ive read about HOA's says that they are huge PITA's. just do a quick search on here. ive seen quite a few threads about them.

3. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

YUP they are but you have to figure that in to the $$. We have been doing them for 7 yrs now and after a while u figure out who to stay away from. Good luck

4. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

yea that's what I'm figuring....
    positive thing is ... the biggest part of it is 9 vacant lots... what could they find to complain about??? ya know? mow and go!
    The pool area... looked like 20 minutes of cutting... 15 minutes of trimming. Blow off the side walks.

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

if its an easy couple of bucks in your pocket, and you can deal with the complaining, you really have nothing to lose. money is money.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have seen peeps get big real quick on the HOA's and PID's. I have yet to bid a public bid.

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Exactly!! I could use some new acounts myself but I avoid these like the plague!