are hour meters not standard on the tthp?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Mar 7, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i just picked mine up on monday and either i'm missing it or it doesnt have an hour meter. i figured for 6200, the least they could do is add an hour meter. do they not come standard? thanks.

randy.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think any Wb's come with one...

3. lawnwizards

it seems like when i was demoing there that almost all of them had one on them. maybe you gotta ask for it. who knows. anyway, does anyone know where to get one? i know the sendek (sp?) i think arent that reliable.

4. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I buy a new TTHP every couple of years. It doesn't leave the dealership without an hour meter on it. I make my deal and make sure they throw in an hour meter. The last couple of hour meters have been Briggs&Stratton. Seem to work fine.

5. lawnwizards

i could have swore the one i demoed had a meter on it. i just thought they all did. i guess i need to contact my dealer and have them put one on.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the ones that I have seen/used I thought there was one on them.

7. Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

Take it back to the dealer and tell them they forgot the hour meter! No big deal.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The only walkbehind in the eXmark line to come factory with an hour meter, is the Turf Tracer. You will have to buy aftermarket.

Matt

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

10. sydanna Lawn Care

sydanna Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Mine didn't come with an hour meter either, I guess they just don't come with one. I ended up buying a digital one from a marine place for $50. I'm glad I did, makes regular maintenance routine.