Are Husqvarna mowers any good?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Apr 24, 2005.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Are Husqvarna mowers any good????? Are they as good as some of the other brands like toro exmark and scag? Also how well do they hold up? And are they worth the money?

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

They are real popular in my area, I have not heard to many comments about them though, good or bad. I think about any mower will be ok if well maintained and taken care of.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Stay as far away from them as you possibly can!

Why?

Well stay tuned to this forum and you will very likely read all about it in a day or so....

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Well Envy. let us know what is going on. Like I said, in my area they are popular but never appealed to me personally. I will ask the next several LCO that have them and see what they say. You have me curious now.

5. Envy Lawn Service

I will be doing so soon I'm afraid. I hope it doesn't have to go down that way. But if it does, I will be sure to inform everyone here.

6. BALDEAGLE

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

21's are pure crap...thats the only one i have personal experience with--trading her in on a toro as we speak.
    full size mid mount is a yazoo/kees w/ orange paint.

7. Envy Lawn Service

YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

had a Husky ZTR....not very tough...almost like a homeowners mower. Mowed fine, but always had some little problems. Did not like the handling of it. My Chopper's steering is much smoother. 4 spindles replaced in 1st 500 hours of use.

9. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

Stay away from the Husqvarna and Yazoo/Kees mowers!

These companies have no idea what commercial parts and service support is all about....totally clueless! Average quality at best as well.

10. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I know I am going to get bashed but here I go. I have a 2005 Husqvarna hydro w/ floating deck and 48" deck and 18hp kawaski. It has so far done a very good job. Handles wet grass fine and is easy to operate. The cutting deck height change is amazing. The only issue I had was that their isn't enough anti scalp wheels but I will address that on my own. All in all it is a very durable machine and would buy another if I had the chance. It was a thousand dollars cheaper then a Turf Tracer and with that extra money I can get my trailer. I hope this helps