Are Husqvarna's comparable to Scag, exmark others?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stonedawg, May 2, 2008.

1. stonedawg

stonedawg LawnSite Member

How about the decks on a Husqy??

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Simple answer.... NO!

3. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

I believe Envy is confusing the Commercial zero turns that Husky offers with the homeowner ones.

The homeowner ones are NOT up to the task. Period.

The commercial units are, however, with a price to match.
    Husqvarna bought out Yazoo/Kees a while back and re-tooled and upgraded the units.
    Compare the new Yazoo/Kees units to the Huskys, and you will see they are the same machine, just a different color.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

No... no confusion... none of their stuff is fit for homeowner use...

Yazoo/Kees was a better product before... not saying a lot, but better...

I wouldn't recommend their commercial product for homeowner use.

5. metro1handyman

metro1handyman LawnSite Member

I own A husqvarna 36" commercial walk behind w/ a 14hp kawasaki. This is the walk behind I learned on. I consider it to be darn near impossible to tear it up. I was probably as ruff on it as you could possibly be and it still fires up 1st or 2nd pull runs great and everything still works like it should.... not to mention I am the third owner(that I know of) all have used it commercially. The only thing I don't like is that it has a fixed deck, so if you are not careful you can scalp the lawn. I would go for a floating deck if they offer one.

6. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

You will find owners on here that like all brands.I do recommend Scag because I like the way they're built and I get very good service from my dealer.All commercial grade mowers are built well, but Scag and Exmark dominate the business.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

What he said!!!

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well I see fleets of Exmarks, John Deere, Scags, Toro's, Grasshoppers, etc. Never have seen a fleet of Husky's. They may make some good units, I don't know. I don't feel anyone would take you seriously around here. I'm not knocking them because I don't know anything about them. This is just a causal observation.

9. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

well i own 2 huskys one is a 6127 with a air ride seat and a the other is a 6123 both are great and the price was not bad . i would put them up against any other mower . each to his own and it depends where your dealers are also when you are buying and for service.

10. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: