are kawasaki motors louder?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Apr 5, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i've ran kohler and briggs and briggs vanguards and it seem as though they are quieter than the kawasaki i'm running now. it might just be that my worktunes aren't up to snuff but i swear it seems that the kawi is twice as loud. anyone know if this is true or not? anyone have a decibal rating? thanks.

randy.

2. Ford850

Ford850 LawnSite Member

I think you'll get more noise from your deck than from the engines these days.

3. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

ya the hum of your deck should be way louder then your mower. and from what i have seen its normaly the muffler thats gonna make the diffrence. and the lenght it has to travel to get out.

4. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

I think kawasaki's are quieter :)

5. Titans Fan

Titans Fan LawnSite Member

Ditto!!!!!!!!

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'm talking without the deck running. i'm talking as soon as you start it up its way louder. i've ran a 12.5 briggs i/c. a 20 vanguard, a 15 kohler and now my new mower is a 19 kawasaki. the kawasaki is by far the loudest.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have kawa engines and a few kohlers. All are 1- 3years old. Kawa are definetly louder. I like them better so therefore I deal with it.

8. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

The 26hp liquid cooled Kawasakis we're running on Bad Boys and Scags are very quiet mowers- quieter than most of the other air cooled specs.

9. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

All my kawasakis have seemed quieter, It may be different motors or something, single cylinder vs. twin maybe. Kohlers always kind of reminded me of more like a harley vs. a Japanes bike fro Kawasaki.

10. Ford850

Ford850 LawnSite Member

The air cooled are quite a bit louder I guess. I do have a Kaw 19hp and I would rate it as "loud", but the deck noise is so much louder that the engine noise doesn't bother me. I think the LC Kaws I've seen are one of the most quiet engines, in my opinion.