1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are Lescos garbage?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oceanpotion, Sep 7, 2007.

1. oceanpotion

oceanpotion LawnSite Member

I get the impression that the general consensus on this forum is that all the latest Lesco models are crap. Lesco happens to be the closest dealer to my house. I know kawasaki's are sick and I like the "Lesco green" color :rolleyes: . How come you guys all say Lesco turned to garbage? Im still trying to scratch up my WB and I have Scag and ExMark dealers close, but I just wanna know why NOT to go to Lesco.
  2. TurfConcepts Inc

TurfConcepts Inc LawnSite Member

I have a Lesco 48" belt drive WB and love it. It has a 15hp Kaw. The only problem I've had with it in 2 years was a broken tranny drive belt. It cuts great and costs about half that of others. I'd rather keep the $ in my pocket not on my trailer.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

lesco mowers will soon be extinct as john deere has bought the company. what good is a machine you cant get parts /service for?
  4. HS Football Rules

HS Football Rules LawnSite Member

I've heard from a long established JD dealer the they will announce more details regarding the buyout and resulting changes in October.

So take that for what it's worth.

If you love the Lesco...buy it...but you'll need a cub dealer nearby for parts.
  5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I am happy with mine. I think they are a great mower. If you need parts just go to a cub commerical dealer.
  6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I demoed one of the riders and it was a rough ride. Other brands like JD and Exmark are just plain nicer. Good luck with maintainence and warranty at Lesco.
  7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

whats a cub cadet dealer-do they exist?.
  8. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I have a Cub Cadet Tank and my Cub dealer is about 15 miles away. There is a Lesco dealer about 50 miles away in Tulsa. Went to that dealer in Tulsa (Lesco) yesterday and got some new blades and deck antiscalp wheels.

Got the blades for $12.64 each plus tax. Deck wheels were
    $7.54 each plus tax.

My Cub Dealer charged me right at $27.00 for the hydro filter and the same filter at Lesco is $13.05. The Rimula oil Cub recommends to use in the Hydro system is $6.95 a quart at the Cub Dealer. I'd be hesitant just to ask what the blades and wheels are selling for there.

Sure do hope Lesco will keep selling Lesco Mowers but I am like most folks --- I am afraid they will begin selling the John Deere mowers.