Are magnetic signs tacky looking?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfcutters Plus, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

:dizzy: Who thinks magnetic signs look tacky?I've used them a long time,but might stop.You must take them off regularly and clean or they will become glued to vehicle,taking paint off with them.I never did care for the looks of them.I don't need more work really.I get most from word of mouth.I miss the look of a plain truck,yet i'm sick of putting them on and off.I guess that's the beauty of them.

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I had red magnetic signs on my red truck. After the first year they sun-faded and turned pink. Not good.

Around here you have to have signage on your truck if you're for hire. It's the law

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

If you feel you have more work than you can handle, take them off, if you don't like them. If you fall behind in customer numbers, for some strange reason, put them back on.

4. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

Had the same ones on my truck for three years now and luck-ally they haven't faded. I have a white background and orange lettering and the orange has held up to the sun so far. I still want to put logo and phone number on the truck permanently.

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Depends on how they're done. You don't have a goofy looking logo on it do you? Other than that I personally think they're ok.

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I've had the same signs since 97 on my truck. Black letters on white background. No fading there. I would like to letter my truck, but not until I have a dedicated work truck. I believe that permanent lettering does look better.

:D

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

:waving: I do!

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I personally think they look tacky also. I would rather have nothing. I say spend the extra $100 and look professional.

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i think they are tacky looking

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Depends on the sign and truck. My signs are white with green [hi-lighted in black] lettering. The white sign is the same white as my truck, you have to be standing right next to the truck to tell they are magnetic signs.