Are Magnetic Signs Unprofessional?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBrother, Dec 2, 2006.

?

Are Magnetic Signs Unprofessional?

1. I prefer vinyl lettering/wrap

80 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. I prefer magnetic signs

19 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Both look fine

80 vote(s)
    40.6%
  4. I don't feel a need for signage

18 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Currently one truck has a logo wrap and the other does not. I am thinking of getting my trucks painted and I am pondering magnetic signs for both, instead of wraps. My gf, whose opinion I value highly(of course) mentioned that she thinks magnetic signs look unprofessional. I think that wraps look better, but cost more and are permenant, for all intents. To me there is nothing wrong with magnetic signs. What's your opinion?

2. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

It screams part-timer. IMO That might scare some people away.

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I think my magnetic signs look pretty good. Just be sure you put them on straight. I have seen people driving around town and it looks like they put them on with their eyes closed:hammerhead:

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

it shows a lack of dedication on your part. like to say " if i cant make this job work i dont want permanant stickers on my ride"

5. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I think people will understand if you don't want to permanantly paint a $30,000 + vehicle. I think an ideal solution would be to put signage on your trailer. An enclosed trailer is perfect for this.

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

What's wrong with this?: Perfect example of not wanting stickers on a $30k truck.

[​IMG]

7. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have magnets for my truck, but permanent lettering on my enclosed trailer. When I have a dedicated work truck for a crew, it will have permanent vinyl lettering on it/them.

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Depending where you live a lettered truck may be against the rules...so don't assume someone is a part-timer or cheap...

I like when I see LCO's heading into the day labor site...they stop and take the signs off to go "incognito" then put them on again a little down the road...

9. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing wrong with magnet signs. And it doesnt mean your a part timer

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly...If this were the case, I've been part time for about 25 years, vow.