Are manufacturers really not wanting to sell their machines???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Sep 25, 2003.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I will be getting a 52" machine next year, so Ive been trying to get demos of a lazer hp and wright stander for the last 6-7 weeks from my dealer. He has not come through, so i went directly to the mfgs. To my surprise exmark has went 3+ weeks with out getting in touch with me and wright mfg acts oblivious to the fact that i sent them an email. I dont want to knock on a mfg's door and beg to buy a mower, but that is how they are making me feel. Low and behold, Hustler got me a demo of their super wb within 1.5 weeks of me asking, which i was told was before most dealers even saw the machine. That is customer service...Kudos Hustler. What to do...

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

Sounds like you have a dealer problem not a manufactor. Most manufactors have a demo program that dealers particapate in. They use the unit as a demo/loaner for the summer than sell it at the end of the year. You need to find a better dealer

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Mac,
    If you have any question on the Hustler SWB 54 or 48 you can emial me. I'm really sorry your's didn't cut that well, but now since I own a 48 SWB, I can honestly say it cuts even better than my stock 48 WB. Maybe the deck wasn't level or the motor wasn't spinning up to par or the blades were dull.
    Pete

4. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Mac,

Sounds like the same way things are in my area! Around me a demo consists of looking at a catalog then buy it to try it!

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Gees, that's too bad. My dealer has given me any machine I've wanted to demo. I guess that's how I stumbled on the Hustler WB's. I tried a stander, a bobcat rider and other machines and settled on the Hustlers I now have.
    Pete

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have been lucky enough that my dealer as well lets us try a demo for a couple of days.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Mac
    You should go with the hustler, They went and did there part why dont you give it another try?. I will be looking for a 48 with more hps then a 15 kaw and might just go with the SWB because they are offering a 23 kaw on a 48. Exmarks walks are staying the same for 04, scag never and the other ones dont CUT it. I'm looking to do this part time and put a mower in the back of a pick up truck. i will need the hps to get the double blades moving and cut that grass nice an early when its wet so i can lay by the pool by 1pm.

John

8. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

We had the same problems with an Emark dealer in our area. We now own a Scag partly because of the excellent treatment we received from the Scag dealer.

9. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

Hey John --- when you lay by the pool/beach, does Greenpeace come and try to "throw you back in"?

10. WESLEY BROWN

WESLEY BROWN LawnSite Member

If I was you then I would look at the dealer locator and find another dealer that would work with you.