Are Mini Fastraks commercial grade machines in entirety?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Mr. Magpie, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

I have not been able to ascertain whether they are or not. I have heard that they aren't but I thought that they were when I bought mine.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are not a commercial unit, they are a residential unit.
    Many commercial guys have bought them and have had no problems what so ever.

Pj

3. Mr. Magpie

WHat does the machine lack that keeps it from being commercial? I am happy with it and the price, I just want to know the weak areas of this machine, relative to a Scag or something like that. I know the mower is built quality from head to toe, but I want to know where it lacks in comparison to the big dogs.

One thing I have noticed is that the hydros whine pretty loud.... does this have anything to do with commercial/residential?

Thanks.

4. Mr. Magpie

What parts or designs are keeping this machine from being commercial grade? Where are its weaknesses in comparison to Scag? Great machine, I know it is built quality from head to toe, great power, just wondering where it lacks relative to more expensive commercial mowers.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The main item's would be the hydro's and the tire size's.
    If you are getting a unit with a Honda engine, you are getting a commercial engine.

Pj