Are Mustang skid loader any good?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jjmustang, Apr 2, 2008.

1. jjmustang

jjmustang LawnSite Member
    from 53168

I'm thinking about getting a mustang 2032 skid loader, is the mustand brand any good?

do they have more/less problems then gehl or bobcat or john deere etc?

2. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

they're not the most popular machine but I have one.

It's been real reliable, taken a lot of abuse and is cheap to work on.

mine has ~3800 hours at this point.

3. FosterLawnscaping

FosterLawnscaping LawnSite Member

I have a early 90s 940. Rebuilt the chain cases at 2300 hours but never another problem. I have no experience with the newer machines but the old mechanical operated machines seem to be bulletproof.

4. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have a 2040 Mustang that's probably 10 years old. Been very happy with it, no major problems. The cab and ergonomics don't compare at all to our Cat 252B, but it treated the checkbook very well 10 years back. For your dollar, I think Mustangs are pretty good machines.

5. BOBCATZZ

BOBCATZZ LawnSite Member

A few years back GEHL actually brought MUSTANG this is seen in the later model machines (rear door/cab ) they used to be popular in australia still are to a point guys that own them wouldnt be caught dead in another brand.

6. KRtraxx

KRtraxx LawnSite Senior Member

Up to the 2054 size the Mustangs are still Mustang designed.Above this size they are almost identical to a Gehl except for the Boom(stronger and much higher lift ratings on the arms than a Gehl).Plus Cummins and Yanmar powered instead of Duetz in the Gehl.IMO the hand and foot control option on these is not set up properly.The stalks are WAY to far reward and make operating them cumbersome.Chose the Case pattern or the Pilots and you will be much happier.The T bar in the smaller units seems to be liked by those who are used to them also...A good buy for your money is a way of looking at these...