Are my mulch calculations that off on this job???

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by KrayzKajun, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Cedar Valley Landscapes

Cedar Valley Landscapes LawnSite Member

It is funny to see people post this on a site like this. If you did not know this site is to help people out that have questions about this industry. Also like what was stated before, calculations do not make you a "Quality Landscaper". That comes from experience and asking questions on a forum like this. Sorry to hijack this thread, but it just irritates me when people think they obtained a basic license and think they are better than everyone else. Oh and if you think I am wrong or just saying this because I have no Certifications, I hold these various degrees and Certifications. CLT-E through PLANET, ICPI Certified in pavers, State pesticide applicator, and hold two degrees in Landscape Management and Turfgrass Management.

2. lalllc

lalllc LawnSite Member

Good lord. You need some sleep. Lol. Do what that one guy said. Get the app for your phone. Or call the mulch place and give them your numbers. The longer you do this it gets simple. I can now just look at a bed and know what I need. Looks to me you have a lot of weeds to pull there. Spray it first if you have a chemical license to kill the weeds. Then pull them and add the preen or such. I add my pre merge to to top of the mulch to get what weeds are in the mulch as well. Some do under much. But that will not stop what's above the pre merge. I look at a 10x10 bed and just know that to top dress at 1" it will be a yard . The deeper you need just add that. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

To fig mulch I use this formula. Just remember LxWxT divided by 324. That is length and width in feet and thickness in inches. The 324 converts it to cu yards. And as you know not all bobcat buckets are a full yd.