Are my pumps damaged because of pushing without releasing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 026TB4U, Feb 10, 2006.

1. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

My father-in-law was using my Ferris 1500Z when the drive belt came off. I'm not sure how it happened but he ended up pushing the mower without releasing the hydraulic pumps. I have since then released them but haven't put the belt back which means I haven't used the pumps.

Did he damage the pumps and is there anything I need to do before re-engaging the pumps?

Thanks.

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

no and no. Be sure to tighten back up. Bypass only makes moving it easier. No fluid in motion.

3. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Phew, what a relief. Thanks.

4. wherebluegrassgrows

wherebluegrassgrows LawnSite Member

How did he push the mower without releasing the pumps?

5. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Actually, I think he dragged it with his tractor. Are you asking because they are difficult to push?

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

It is like moving 1000lbs stationary, fixed!, even valve relieved, you still need help get it up on trailer! sweated like pig, been there before:waving:

7. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

yes to move one i had to move my 60 inch lazer once and it was nuts. it took like 45 minutes and 2 guys to get it about 50 feet and then up the trailer wow it was nuts....

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Jeez he is a tough 1 ,we used to run a john deere 525 i think, ztr you know the 1 with the steering wheel anywho the unit just quit it took me and 2 guys to load into a trailer.

9. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I had to push my JD 647 onto my trailer by myself on the shoulder of a busy road. I still to this day dont know how I ended up doing it.