1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are rainy days good days to advertise?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Port City Lawncare, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Port City Lawncare

Port City Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

It's obviously down time, but is it a good time to get out and meet people?
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Every moment of every day is a good time to advertise. Everything you do is a reflection on you. I do estimates and talk with people on rain days all the time. Best time for me and I can give them extra time and attention on those days.
  3. Ditto to that, and it is also a good day to bid on snowplow work.

Steve :cool:
  4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Or do fertilization, shrub pruning, mulch, etc. Like these guys said though, you should be meeting people each and every day.
  5. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

You can certainly use a perceived opportunity to distribute flyers, but in terms of Return On Advertising Investment you're not getting your best return.

Simple rule of thumb for advertising = Don't advertise a product if it isn't possible for a potential customer to use it right now.

The general publics mind will not associate the mowing of anything if it is raining.
  6. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

I've had really good results with flyers right after several days of rain in a row.
  7. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

I know it sounds bad but right after several days of rain is a time when other LCO's are backed up and haven't been able to mow for a while. Also a lot of LCO's don't call their customers when it rains to let them know that they will be asap. They just expect their cliets to understand.