Are replacement suspension seat components available?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Keith, May 24, 2006.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I was just looking at my EPS seat before I came home for lunch and saw the that the lower cover was starting to get some cracks in it from the weather. The upper one is getting a few too. Are these individual sections, or whatever they are called, available? Or do you have to replace the whole seat?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sorry Kieth, you have to replace the whole seat.
    Brian

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Blah!~ Oh well, it's just a seat. No one sees the the cracks when there's someone sitting in it anyway. A new one would suffer the same fate in two to three years. I'll use it until duct tape seems the only solution.

4. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

keith. In the off season I would talk to an auto body shop...they may know of some upholstry(sp) people that can make you a new seat cover. while the mower isn't being used(which in florida is being used alot...). I wish I still had the name of the guy in orlando who recoved my s-10 bench seat and back for 100 bucks whenI lived there...

My suspension seat on my exmark lasted 3 years with no problems, but it was in an enclosed trailer. I'm suprised that Exmark doesn't sell new seat backs or cushions separate. I'd hate to drop 5 hundred bills on a new suspension seat just for a new cushion.

take a look here...might get lucky and find one to fit...and be cheaper than the $500 list price from exmark
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

5. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

I have to agree with MarcS - any auto upholstery shop can recover the seat. On other tractor seats I have had them add or change the amount of foam in the seat to make it more comfortable.

Interesting that Exmark says you can't get parts for the seat. My dealer has brought in rollers and springs for the seat on my 2001 EPS, so why not seat covers? Maybe my dealer dealt directly with the seat manufacturer for the parts, and not Exmark??

deej