Are the 54’’ decks being discontinued?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by J.Gordon, Jun 7, 2006.

1. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Pj it just hit me that if you discontinue the SWB and go with the Trimstar, Hustler would have no 54’’ decks! I hope I’m wrong about this but if I’m not how long will Hustler keep making blades for the 54’’ decks?
    This could really suck for me big-time if you stop making replacements for my machine since I plan on keeping it forever. Worst case I could build or buy a 48’’or 60’’ deck for my machine.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The current walk behind 54" deck is discontinued.
    We will have 54" decks on riders real soon, but not walk behinds.
    You will not have any problems getting parts, we will supply parts for many many years.
    Heck, people are still buying parts for 30+ year old machines we made.

3. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

mowerconsultant- as a start-up im blown away that questions presented to you are always(as it seems from my readings)anwsered in an upfront and professional manner. When i saw the xr7 with wing i thought it looked like a nice machine(looks wise),now its seems there are some issues. the fact that you guys can back it up in commercial forum and dont hestitate,truly shows me where your loyalty lyes...with the commercial lco! keep listening to the concerns of others and make legitimate fixes and i think you could absolutly corner the market in in z's. When the time is ready for me to buy a "z" i will read this entire form and see if bugs have been fixed but as of right now i'm dawn near sold(except some deck issues). I think i can speak for alot on here that you are showing you stand behind your product. keep up the good work!(I like the name as well....Im a hustler...baby!)

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Pj
    Is the 54" on the riders an XR-7 design? Probably. will it have less blade overlap like the 48"? probably. I hope it doesn'thave tha same cut issues thatyouv'e been dealing with on the others. How long before we see the 54" adapted to a beefed up trimstar??

5. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Pj! It’s good to hear about the 54’’ decks on the riders.

Jeff

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes it will be a XR-7 deck.
    As to if you will see it on a TrimStar, I don't know, and I don't know when if we do it.

Pj