Are the blades that the eXmark mulch kit comes with hi-lift blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Are the blades that the eXmark mulch kit comes with hi-lift blades? If not, then what are they?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

What did you and your dealer talk about when you looked at this mower? It doesn't sound like he was very informative. When are you going to pick this up? Are you going to get the 23 HP now? Isn't it time to be mowing down there? What are you mowing with now? It's time for you to answer some questions now, so would you please?

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

4. Vibe Ray

LOL, sorry Eric!!! I just don't think of these questions until I start reading Lawnsite, so I never ask them to my dealer cuz I never think of them when I see him! I'll pick it up probably in 1-2 weeks. No I'm not gonna get the 23HP......maybe I'll THINK about it if it's even possible. It is almost time to be mowing down here, but not yet. The grass is green, but is not growing! Right now I am using my Scotts 21". For the last few weeks I have mowed a little, but it was just to cut winter growth.

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

They're not what I'd call hi-lift but they're not low lift either. I use them on my Grasshopper cause they work much better than the hopper blades. The reason, I believe, is they have a little more lift. Anyone out there using a Grasshopper with the 52" mulching deck should check into using Exmarks mulching blades, you'll thank me.

6. Vibe Ray

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Are the blades that the eXmark mulch kit comes with hi-lift blades? If not, then what are they?

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Have you ever seen the blades with all of the curves up and down in the blade edge? They look like anybody else's mulching blades. They do not resemble Gators. I have a set of them for my 36.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They are a special design blade to use with the mulch kit. They work with the air flow design to make the clippings disappear.

They don't look anything like a regular blade.

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Vibe Ray : I have talked to exmark and the micro-mulch blades are not high lift blades,they are to be used with the mulch kit because they need to be enclosed seperatly as there is little or no lift with them.
    I have the lazer hp 52 inch and ultra vac and have been having problems with blow out from under the front of the deck. I e-mailed exmark support about this and they told me to try low lift or solid air foil blades. I am getting the mulch kit for my lazer so I bought the micro mulch blades and tried them with the ultra vac. The ultra vac did its job great with no blow out from under the deck. I might try to use gator mulchers to get a little more lift,for the leaves that are stuck down in the grass.
    I do have a real problem with the fact that as much as the vac unit costs,1200 w/tax,why can`t they put the correct blades to do the job right in with the unit, instead of telling you to buy some other blade.
    I am e-mailing exmark and asking them this same question.Also for some of your questions,you should consider e-mailing exmark, they are quick to help you out,they know that you have spent a lot of your hard earned money on their equiptment and will help as much as possible.

10. thefarmer4

thefarmer4 LawnSite Member

In a catolog I have to purhase replacement blades for the micromulch system they are listed as medium lift.

I am now using gators instead of the blades that come with it. I think the quality of cut is better with them and they have more lift. Also they are easier to sharpen. I might try the magnums this year.

Has anyone done the double blade setup w/the baffles on the micro mulch system on the mower?