Are the Everrides selling many units?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Dec 4, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a Warrior great machine and I like the local dealer. I'm afraid of buying one and then no more Everride. I'm wondering how they are doing in sales. Because low sales means no more company.Any info ?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

A local dealer here just started selling them a while back but I havn't seen any around.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have not seen any in this part of the country. Getting dealers is an uphill battle for any new brand of equipment. If Everide is still around in 5 years, you might give one a try. Until then, I would pass, as your new Everide could become an orphan, along with the likes of American Blade Runner, and probably Bad Boy pretty soon.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

You can always tell when new mower manufacturers are having a hard time getting dealer to take on their line, when they choose dealers with no service departments or mechanics to fix them. I see everride is being sold at hardware stores now.

5. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Which hardware stores?

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Bad Boy isn't going anywhere. If they are barely hanging on then why are they expanding their manufacturing plant?

7. Mowingman

from Texas

Only time will tell about Badboy. They have survived what, about 3 years, so maybe they will make it. Nice machines, but nothing special. There deal with Montana Tractors might help them add dealers to their network, which they have to do to survive.

8. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

I say pass on Everride for awhile until they get some issues worked out. We had WAY too many breakdowns this past season.

9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've seen them in some Ace hardware stores. I think its just a local thing definately not in all of them. Although there is a Ace Hardware store here that sells Toro too.

10. Mowingman

from Texas

Travis,
    I did a little checking at BadBoy's website, and I don't think their dealer network is expanding too well. Lets say the have been around for about 4 years. They only have dealers in 20 states, mostly in the southeast and states surounding their home state. They have only 120 dealers, and 68 of them ,(57%) are located in only 5 states. That leaves 15 states with only about 50 dealers, which averages 3 dealers in each of those states. Heck if it was not for the 27 dealers in Florida, they would have less than 100 dealers nationwide.
    That is pretty skimpy coverage for an all out marketing effort over a 4 year or more period of time.
    I am not saying they will not make it, but chances look pretty slim to me right now. As I said, their machines are nice, but nothing special. Any dealer with one or two good namebrand lines of ZTR's, is not going to take on Badboy. Those dealers simply do not need another hohum line of ZTR's, diluting the sales of their main brands of machines
    That leaves Badboy, and other newcomers with slim pickings for setting up quality, high volume dealers.
    In Texas, Hustler is trying to set up a lot of new dealers, but not many well established dealers are interested in another line, even the Hustler line. As a result, Hustler is getting some new dealers who are not even able to support their machines with competent service departments. Some of their new dealers can not pass the test to become Kohler dealers, thus can not offer engine warrant repairs if they were to sell Hustlers with Kohler engines. If a well known line like Hustler faces these dealer problems, where does that leave someone like Everide, or Badboy?