1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Are the Toro Grandstand kinks all fixed??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fox526, Dec 1, 2009.

1. fox526

fox526 LawnSite Member

Wanted to see everyone's thoughts on whether it is to early to buy a grandstand yet? I heard about throttle, braking, and hardware issues (all relatively minor) and wondered if anyone has had better luck with a more recent purchase??

Plus who should I contact to confirm if the serial # of the mower I want is an early or later production run?

2. Greenboy24

Greenboy24 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had zero problems in the 3+ months that we have had ours. I specifically asked about all those problems and my dealer showed me how they fixed them...

I def recommend it thus far

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Before purchasing one I'd want to be sure the unit had all of the upgrades.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Is there a list of the upgrades to look for/ask about?

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

the last time I checked it was 34 upgrades to ask your dealer for...I know it sounds bad but they are very small things like checking hardware with a torque wrench for the correct numbers...there are other things like an extra vent for the gas tank for adequate ventilation among others...even with these "problems" I still love the grandstand, it's a good choice you won't regret anything

6. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

If you waited and got the eXmark version, I know for sure you can call the support number and they will tell you the build date of the machine. I imagine Toro could do the same thing.