1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are the Wright quad lever controls not the coolest ever??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Jul 11, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

they're super comfortable to drive and extremely responsive! They need them on their midmount Z and gear drive walk (and put the Rapid-Hite deck on the gear drive walk) and they will be the coolest brand hands down, and easily the most productive.
  2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Wow, 39 views and no responses. Guess I'm the only one that likes these controls!
  3. cutedge

cutedge LawnSite Member

I love the controls! All I run now are Wright Standers due to the simplicity of the controls. The employees love them and are very easy to learn on. When I had ztrs, the guys would tear up the turf, with the Standers, there hasn't been one complaint. They give you way better control than sticks on a ztr. As for the walk behind idea, that would be great
  4. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I think the T2 contro;s are about the same on the Toro WB
  5. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i wouldnt even think of using anything else.....
  6. 8rickyj

8rickyj LawnSite Member

I avoided buying a walk behind with pistol grips. I borrowed an EX Mark from one of my buddies that owns a bigger company than me. I hated it. I need a walbehind because my 36" Stander is too heavy sometimes especiallt after a rain. I am going to have to check this out.
  7. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have never operated a wright but I noticed that their controls look different than other standers. Do the controls closest to the operator only go forward? I guess I am asking how they work?
  8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

no, they are one piece and operate together, so you can use the stabilizer bar in the middle to hold steady, and use the front controls for reverse pulling them with your fingers, use your palms and thumb on the rear ones pushing forward to go, well, forward!
  9. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine because I can back the mower up using the front controls with extreme precision.
  10. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately, Wright no longer offers the quad-lever controls on their walkbehinds. They dropped them a couple of years ago, and they were never available on the belt-drives.

I like them very much on the Standers; on a sit-down Z, the reference bar would be less useful. It takes a little while to master T-turns with a quadlever, but once you do, they work great.