Are there any 36" WB's with quick deck height adjustment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CRM Lawncare, Oct 20, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

Just bought a new Z and need to move my 48" JD Walkbehind and pickup a 36" for trim work and gated yards. My JD was simple to adjust the deck, just pull the pins and raise or lower the deck. All the 36's I've looked at you have to unbolt the deck and it looks like a pain to adjust the height. Are their any out there that are quick and simple to adjust?

2. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

Yes :blob3: You need to find a Gravely dealer. I picked up my second one yesterday. 36in 13hp Kawasaki vtwin with 2wheel Velke for $1700, Brand new with warranty, what a deal! :cool2:

Mike

3. PCM-LC

PCM-LC LawnSite Member

I currently own a 37" H-Bar Hustler which has a floating deck with the pin adjustment. I have also had the Toro Floating deck which has the same type pins adjustment.

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

My eXmark 36" TTHP takes about 15 seconds to adjust. Pull the pins.......put the pins back.......no unbolting deck or anything else.

5. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a good deal.

I also have a Gravely 36" WB with the 13 Kawi. My choices were between this model and the Lesco WB. Even though I thought the Lesco machine was a better buy overall, the key factor was that it did not have a quick height adjustment. That was the reason I went with the Gravely. Every lawn requires height adjustments in my area, as we have variance in the type of turf.

I have local dealers for both machines, so having that support after the sale was also important.

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys with the Gravely walk behinds, how do they cut and handle? Are they belt or hydro. I have been considering their 48" gear drive, pro steer model. Goes for $2999.00 around here. The 44" is around $2799.00, but I'm not sure about the 36". $1700.00 for a 36" sounds like a really a good deal. is it pro steer or pistol grip?

7. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper has a 36" with a crank that raises and lowers the deck. That feature is why I bought mine. Also leaves a very nice cut.

8. lawnmowingboys

lawnmowingboys LawnSite Member

Ferris HydroCut. It's 32" and you simply crank a handle and raise and lower the deck. Simplicity (owned by Ferris) makes a similar model. These models are fairly affordable. You get the advantage of the quick height adjustment and a hydro drive. (Hydro drive controls both drive tires at the same time, not independent.)

check it out:

http://www.ferrisindustries.com/mw_hydro.php

9. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I have an older 38" Deere that has a center crank to quickly adjust the height. It is a floating deck (yellow). I think it is an early '90's mower. I was talking to my dealer and he said that Deere was discontinueing their 36" mowers. Any one else out there hear this?

10. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I have a 48” pro steer hydro that cuts great, but I’m not sold on the pro steer hydro combo. It is very herky-jerky :cool2: so maybe the pro steer on the belt drive would be better. Also, 15HP on a 48” is not enough power especially with the mulch kit on it.