Are there any GreenGuardian distributors in central Missouri?

Discussion in 'The Green Guardian' started by BartonLawn, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BartonLawn

BartonLawn LawnSite Member

I'm interested in the weed control products. :)

Rick

2. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

call 651-295-8388 for placing orders.

We ship direct.

3. BartonLawn

Okay, great. What's your best product for use on creeping charlie? :)

4. green_mark

In the summer it's the 8-0-5 and fall or spring the 14-0-5

5. BartonLawn

Damn Mark, is this the best sales pitch you have? Yeah, I've read thru your website, but it's vague and didn't put my questions to rest.

Why have a forum if you don't want to talk??? I know nothing of your product, will it work for me? How much trouble do I need to go to to figure this out? I'm wanting to use my own lawn as a testbed before I go forward.

Rick

6. green_mark

I try to answer the questions given and not be overly repetitive or answer things you have no interest in.

The products we carry are made from ingredients used in the animal feed industry. Both products will green the lawn very well.

The 14-0-5 is best in cooler temperatures [<70] and the 8-0-5 for above.

The 8-0-5 will provide slow growth with a solid greening effect because of the carbon, potassium, iron and hum-ates.

At the same time both products will provide weed suppression/control.

If you have a heavy weed infestation we need to apply 3 times over a 30 day period.

What this will do is thicken and nicely green the turf while reducing weed populations by +80% with that time frame.

If you have Crabgrass that is out of control and need to wipe out an area we have Everything Must Go! That will wipe out 100% of everything usually within 2 hours. We seed within 30 minutes and put down a polymer to hold the water for much faster germination.

7. BartonLawn

Really Mark, the only issue I have is with the creeping charlie. When I bought the property it was pretty well established.

I've spent countless hours with my grooming rake and my hands trying to get rid of the stuff. But as you probably know it's about impossible to keep ahead of the stuff.

I'll give the 8-0-5 a shot and see how it works. I'm in central Missouri, would now be a good time to start in on it?

Rick

8. green_mark

Ok now I can help.

Here is how we manage creeping charlie.
    1) Lime at 25lbs/1,000
    2) Spray the 8-0-5 [now is good and you should do this before you spread the lime. It makes it work faster]
    3) Apply the remaining 2 apps 7 - 10 days apart.

At the end of this we will often lightly spray EMG where the product has not cleaned out ~100% and then use the polymer and seed. Generally we get about 1" of growth on the Perennial rye-grasses within a few days and customers are very impressed.

We have customers who year to year insist on doing this program to start out the season even though the Creeping Charlie is no longer present because it makes the lawn so thick and green.

This program also removes the need of the Weed Buster as it is a more intense program.

Our annual revenues are approximately 30% of the Weed Buster and Creeping Charlie. Again, many of these homeowners insist on one or the other program for the fact their lawns are much better than anyone else.

If you want pricing I will not publish it but I will give it to you over the phone for various lawn sizes.