Are there industry standards for lableing irrgation controllers?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Az Gardener, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes..

Didn't pay enough attention to your question.......paid more to the responses.

You sound as if you know the proper answer. In a perfect world list the head type then the area (turf, beds, then area of location) You could also state the optimal run times for your zones and cycles. A piker though may not take into consideration the seasonal increase and decrease based on historical ET.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes, when I install a new controller for a confusingly laid out system, I'll use compass terms, and include a line that reads "You are facing west"

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Wish I had the proverbial nickel for clocks that I opened up to find NO zone chart. :dizzy:

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'd say 98% of the systems I work on do not have one.

I'm hoping to change that this year. I want to provide an evaluation/assessment sheet with all system (if time is available of course). Provide listing of components, zones, pressure, and of course inadequacies and possible upgrades .

5. Mike Leary

I've done that, foot in mouth, quite a few times; looked at the system, asked the client, "what idiot installed this?" Had them answer, "I did."

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Compass direction and orientation to house, general vegetation type, general sprinkler type

7. Mike Leary

Nope, I made that mistake one time on dual 48 zoners; separated turf and plantings; made the walk-through insane to this day. I'm not going to re-wire those clocks and I know my man Russ is not going to either. :cry:

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

1) Ummmm, what does that have to do with my post

2) I wire clocks by location of valve group and valve with respect to source, and all with respect to the controller. How I wire the controller has nothing to do with how I program it. :hammerhead:

Oh, and I usually start with the valve group closest to the site supply (i.e. front on most lots)

9. Mike Leary

What post? I was simply stating a opinion on wiring clocks. Jeez, lighten up. :dizzy: Where's the pics, chief? Last I saw was some Carson valve boxes.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

You quoted me ..... on your second bottle already? :drinkup:

BTW, here is your pic

[​IMG]