1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Are These Good Deals??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mwallingford, Jan 13, 2005.

1. mwallingford

mwallingford LawnSite Member

I recently received quotes to purchase the following from a dealer. What do you think about the prices?

2003 Lazer Z - 60" cut - 23 HP KAW Liq. Cool (80 hrs.) - $6,450

2003 Lazer Z - 60" cut - 23 HP Kohler Air Cooled (New) - $7,450
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think that I would buy a new mower that had been sitting at the dealership for almost two years. I think that a 23hp would be underpowered on a 60 you need about a 27hp to have adequate power. This time of year you should be able to find 2005 models like the new 03 for about that same price. You need to check price on some 2005 and check with other dealers.
  3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

seems high to me as wel mgiht be able to find an 04 sitting around somewhere that someone needs to get rid of so they can bring in some new models. do some homework youll find a good deal out there somewhere.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Adam. While the price might seem right both of those mowers are underpowered unless you don't plan on cutting a lot of heavy grass. If you can live, without complaining, with the lower power then go with the new unit. It should still have a warranty.
  5. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

You should be able to buy a new Super Z 60'' with a 25 KA about the same price as the 23 KO E-mark.........I guess it depends on mower choice :waving:
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd go with the used. Big deal, 80 hours. That unit probably will last longer since it's liquid cooled. And ya save a grand.

BTW, 23 hp is fine for a 60 inch deck most of the time (I have 2 Ferris Z's set up with 23 hp Kawis).
  7. Harleyboy52

Harleyboy52 LawnSite Member

3 months ago I bought the Exmark Lazer Z 60" 23 Kohler (04 model brand new) for $7000. and he threw in a mulching kit installed. The 23 hp seems to have plenty of power to me. My dealer said that the 05's would be about 500 higher because of steel going up.
  8. cward

cward LawnSite Member

I'm not sure about the market place in KY. The prices are a touch high in my opinion but not horribly out of line.