Are these good prices for 2005 ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rochenyguy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. rochenyguy

rochenyguy LawnSite Member

New 2005 JD 757 w/ 60" deck = $7,650 plus tax

New 2005 Toro Z500 27HP Kohler, 60" Turboforce Deck, with Z-stand = $7,500 plus tax

What do you think? Should I be able to get either for less than this this time of year?

Thanks.

2. southlin

southlin LawnSite Member

most likely not. at most maybe 6,995. so 7,500 not that bad

3. rochenyguy

If you think maybe 6,995 then 7,500 for the Z500 may not be that bad but it doesn't sound that good either!

4. southlin

southlin LawnSite Member

remember they are new not used

5. rochenyguy

I know. That's why your 6,995 comment surprised me for a possible low price for a new machine.

6. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

im looking at the 757 as well. your price is a darn good one. they are 8000 here. im also looking at the kubota as well. and the super z. kubota $9600 and super z 27/ 60" 7800. the super z is fastest. kubota has a deisel and few other features i like. have u demoed a deere?

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

That is a good price on the 757 in my area. The toro would be much higher here, dealer is a first class jerk also and sells so few has to bog it to anyone who does buy anything from him to make up for low sales volume.

8. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

another question that should be asked is...

''which machine performs best?"

9. rochenyguy

Dealer with the Toro Z500 got it this Spring when the rebate was on it and now doesn't want to sit on the machine all winter.

Not sure about the price on the 757. Other dealers in the area have them priced at about $7,900 so maybe this one dealer wants to clear inventory before winter.

Historically, what happens to prices during the fall/winter? Will even better deals be available on left-over new 2005's over the winter, assuming there are left-overs in stock?

10. rochenyguy

Tony, I've already asked that question and got Deere fans saying the 757 is better, and Toro (or actually Turboforce deck) fans saying the Z500 is better. Both seem like very good mowers.